Work Fun

Personalize funny videos and birthday eCards at JibJab!

Sunday, June 7, 2009

Jacob Ver Groves




He's Here!
Jacob was born Saturday, June 6th at 7:07pm.
8 lbs 3 oz and 21 inches long.
He is so little I can't believe it. I love it when he opens his eyes and looks at me. He has been perfect so far. Sleeps and eats and never cries. I hope that stays, but I know I may be just dreaming. :) And let's just let me dream okay. :)
He has lots of dark hair, with an old man hair line. :) Not a lot of hair on top of his head. :) He has super long fingers and feet with long skinny toes. He is really ticklish too. I think he is beginning to look more like Emma, just some features we can remember from her, but he is his own little guy. It is going to be exciting to watch.
The delivery went really well. So much better than Emma's. Not that I loved every moment, but it was good. I went really quickly and I only threw up 3 times. :) It only took 2 pushes and he was out. Amazing.
Emma is the proudest big sister ever!!! She was so excited to come up to the hospital and see him and "hold him". I hope the newness wears off a little, becuase the poor guy is going to be mauled! :) She just stood at the window as the were cleaning him up and watched him with her nose pressed right against the glass.
Daddy is one proud dad and loves having a little boy to hold. This morning at 5am we couldn't get him to wake up to eat, so we just touched every little part of his body and checked him all out. I loved touching his soft skin, it was amazing to just look at him in the quiet of the morning and marvel at his perfectness. After rubbing him down for a hour he finally woke up and ate. He was just so content and peaceful, we loved it! Much different than our vocal, active 3 year old! :)

23 comments:

Darwin, Jen, Jensyn, Hurley, Violet, and Daphne said...

Congratulations! He is so cute. He looks a lot like Emma to me. I am sure that she is going to be a great helper. I think it is good that she is so excited about having a baby. I'm glad the delivery went well. I hope you recover quickly!!!

Alison said...

Congrats! Jacob is such a little cutie! I think he looks like Tyler in the last picture. You will love having a little boy. They are so much fun and usually more laid back than little girls... Enjoy!

Shannon said...

What a perfect, precious little one. Congratulations, you guys! He is adorable, and I love the picture of Emma holding him. Glad to know that delivery went well, and hope you are feeling great, Laura. Sending love,
shan

The Steele family said...

congrats on your new little one he is so cute.

Pezlady Jana said...

Congrats!!! He is adorable! Good job you guys!!

Emily said...

Congratulations, Laura! Both your kids are so adorable! He's exactly the weight and length of my latest addition born 5 weeks ago.
Glad everything went well for you!
Love, Emily (Folkman)

April said...

OH I love him!!!! I love how little and precious they are. I am so glad it all went well and fast!!! I didn't know you threw up though, so not fun. I'm here to hold him anytime you need break hehe.

Jessie said...

Again, a huge congrats! It's fun to see your blog.
I hope he stays content and sweet as ever - what a blessing that would be!

Adam and Krysta said...

Yea! I'm so glad he's here and all went well with his delivery. Our little Ryan was born with the old man hairline as well! So funny!

Becca said...

Oh I am so glad!! CONGRATULATIONS!! They are so sweet, how fun for you! I hope recovery and adjusting goes well! Love ya!

Team Reid said...

Congrats!! He's so adorable and we're super happy for you guys!!

The Hart Family said...

I am so glad that he came when you wanted him to! He is precious, and I love all the dark hair.

Autumn said...

Such a handsome little guy! I'm so glad all is well with your family. Tell everyone Hello!

The Batchelders said...

What a cutie! He totally looks like a Groves. So glad that all went well. I was always trying to get Reese to wake up to eat at first too, man I wish those days! So fun. Hope he continues to be so good for you.

Claudine said...

So stinking excited for you guys, congratulations! He is so handsome, I'm so happy for you guys! Now that he's here, doesn't Emma seem HUGE?

Becky Henson said...

Yeah! Congratulations! He's so adorable and I'm glad to hear that the deliver went well and that he's so calm. What a blessing!

Anonymous said...

Congrats! He is adorable!!

allison said...

I can't help it, I think he looks just like Tyler. So yeah. . .he likes like Emma. Good job Laura!

alligood said...

Congratulations!
What a perfect little piece of heaven! He was born only 4 days after my Audrey. I am so happy for you!
-Allison

Amber Bailey Stevenson said...

Super cute! Congrats. :]

Shannon said...

Hey Laura,

How is being a mama of two going? Hope you are settling in well and that you guys are enjoying your summer. How is Tyler liking his work? And how are those sweet babes of yours?
shan
www.somuchhappyness.blogspot.com

Our Blog said...

congratulations to you and your family. he is precious!

Our Blog said...

congratulations to you and your family. he is precious!

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie
DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker