Work Fun

Personalize funny videos and birthday eCards at JibJab!

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

New Year 2008

So have you noticed I go in spurts with my posts?
I am at a loss for things to say lately. So I am just going to give a little update. Plus, nap time is almost over. Darn!
Tyler is in week three of his new job at Hill Air Force Base and his last semester of school! YEA!
Work is going good. It has been a big adjustment going from the corporate world to the government world. It is a totally different pace and experience. But he is liking it. School is good and he cannot wait for May. For one SPRING and for two to be done with school! He is only taking 12 credit hours this semester and that is nice. He is taking his last Spanish class which is Don Quixote through film, which I think could be very interesting. I told him he had to come home and tell me all about what he is learning.
It has been sooo cold and snowy here in Utah and spring is no where to be found. It's been a long time since we have had a winter like this, and frankly we have been spoiled. My thermostat hasn't been turned up this high in the winter since Emma was born! But we need the water, so we are trying to be grateful. We got another 7 inches of snow on Monday. You should see our little street. The snow is pilled so high you can barley see our driveway. And there is another storm set for this weekend. Ah, the blessings!
Emma is still a sweet little energy ball. I have lots of funny pictures to post. I will get to that, eventually. Her latest thing this week has been wanting to go to "church". She loves nursery and loves playing with the kids. We had a Play group there today and that made her very happy. She is a social little thing and really gets sick of me all day, I think. When Daddy came home yesterday she just ran around so excited!
And Me...well, I started Yoga up again and I love that. I have lots of crafty things I want to be doing, but for some reason my job as a Mother always takes priority. Tyler and I have made lots of goals for this new year and I am excited about the future and accomplishing them. That will be another blog entry also. And the days seem to go by really fast. I am blessed and what else can I say?

7 comments:

April said...

Good post. You can write about anything. you know me, I am obsessed I guess you could say. SOunds like things are great. And you are a great mother.

Pezlady Jana said...

Laura, you are a rock star!! I truly admire you, and love your sweet posts.

BenJoeM said...

Hey!

I will tell you something about Blogs! Blog when you have something to say!

I read about 5 newspapers and about 15 Blogs everyday, I have direct feeds sent to my email. I also have been blogging well over 3 years now. The last thing people want to read is people rambling about nothing. So don't feel bad, when you have nothing to say, , when you do have something to say, say it! If you don't we will keep coming back in anticipation for your next great post (like today). No worries, no obligation to post 10 times a day.

I am so happy for Tyler and his Job, we feel so blessed to have you guys next door.

Shannon & Ryan said...

Laura dear, glad to hear you guys are doing so well...Ryan was telling me you wanted our blog link: www.booherblahg.blogspot.com. Come visit anytime. Love you guys, Shannon & Ryan

Claudine said...

If only there was more time to craft. Eventually there will be time for all those things, the important thing is enjoying doing what we are doing, and it sounds like Emma is making sure that you are keeping plenty busy! :) I tagged you, so check out my blog for the details.

Becca said...

Too funny! Here I am in Ireland and checked my blog. I got a good laugh from your message! I love your blog! It will be fun for me read all your fun stories and such. I would have to agree we need to come around more! You are such a great friend and I take for advantage of the fact you live a block away...you lovely thing you!
Oh, I was on institute council with Shannon and I worked with Ryan...remember I worked at Flying J with you? :) Sure love ya!

Merridy and Lucas said...

hey cuz...in repsonse to you comment on my blog...that's b/c it's been three years, not one. The title of the post was....one year down enternity to go...not Just one year! hahahahaha I see how that could trick ya!
lots of love

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie
DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker