Work Fun

Personalize funny videos and birthday eCards at JibJab!

Friday, April 18, 2008

Bath Time Tip


It seems that Emma is getting more and more independent and stubborn lately. I think it is just this week, but if the 2's are like this, and from what I hear about 3's, I am nervous!!!!
We seem to fight about everything, not really, but it feels that way today. It's been a long week with only a few days to go outside. The Bath is sometimes the hardest thing to get done in our day. I know, what kid doesn't like to take a bath? Well, sometimes it is Emma. I don't usually push it, she can go a day without one, but she is not a two dayer. :) I know you would probably say, just pick her up and throw her in there, but guess what? Emma is super strong! Have you seen her 35+ pound body and those legs! I have a hard time "making" her do anything. :)
So, my wonderful friend Allison gave me this great idea. FOOD COLORING. Yes, I said Food coloring. 4 drops of whatever color she would like to have motivates her into getting into the tub. And it is so educational! She will tell me "yellow" or "green". And we count the drops, she swishes the color around and we have a pink bath or a blue bath. It is so fun! I can't wait to start mixing colors and making purple and other great colors!
And to you worriers out there, no it doesn't stain and no your tub will still be white and it is perfectly safe!
Hope this helps someone else too!

5 comments:

April said...

wow I didn't know you could do that. I would really think it would stain. Cool.
Another thing, my sister gave Hudson these Elmo tablets that you put in the tub and they slowly disolve and change the color. Hudson loves them.
And she is a strong girl. Love the 2's but 3's aren't any better sorry to say.

Darwin, Jen, Jensyn, Hurley, Violet, and Daphne said...

Laura, that is such a good tip. Jensyn has been using the color tablets that Hudson uses. Kids love change, but it can be hard as the parent to stay one step ahead. We really miss you guys. I am so glad that you have a blog so it feels like there is some sort of contact!

Sassyfrass said...

We may have to try that one. The boys love their bath, but that would make is that much cooler!

Becca said...

that is a super fun idea! thanks for sharing Lar!

Team Reid said...

That is a cute idea! I bet Emma LOVES it! How are you guys doing? Things are good here! Busy as usual! Oh, I am still debating whether or not to block the blog (I got 100 hits the other day!) but if I do I will add you for sure!!

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie
DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker