Work Fun

Personalize funny videos and birthday eCards at JibJab!

Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Labor Day Weekend and Happy Birthday!

Yesterday was my 31st Birthday! Wow! Where did the time go? Thank you to everyone and their well wishes on my day. You made it very special!
It was a very nice day. My cute sweetheart loves me and made my day very special. We went to breakfast with Tyler's dad that morning. Thanks Kevin! And then I had a nice picnic with some of my girl friends. Tyler let me take a nap. It's been a long time since I had one of those. I also got to take a HOT long shower with no interruptions or visits from Emma. That was the best present that day. :) We then went to dinner - Cafe Rio - surprise, surprise, I know. Then had the family over for cheese cake that Tyler made himself! He did SUCH a good job! It was sooo yummy! And there was even some left over and I can't wait to enjoy some tonight! It was a very nice day. I love that Tyler can take the day off and spend it with me. He has actually been off of work since Friday and we have had a great weekend camping, shopping, and just being together. He went back to work today and we are back in the swing of life again. We have a bunch of tomatoes we are going to freeze and that has to be done tonight. And we both have other projects and assignments that need to get done. And we are going on our last camp out of the season this weekend with my family. So we have that to prepare for too! Busy Fun Busy! We'll keep you posted!
PS
We went kayaking a couple of weeks ago also. SO FUN! And we took our camera, Not so fun, it got wet and it just isn't the same. It takes pictures, but that is about it. No zoom, no viewing previous pictures, it is like an old point and shoot. :( Bummer...so pictures are going to be few and far between for a little bit. It's just not as convenient anymore. :)

7 comments:

Pezlady Jana said...

Bigtime bummer about the camera! Dang, huh? Glad you had a great bday- I can't believe we have been friends this whole time and I didn't even know it WAS your bday until I saw it on Facebook. Only 31? Just you wait, Laura,just you wait! :]

April said...

I didn't know you went kayaking how fun. And I am glad you had a good b-day and hey if you find a restaurant and you like, eat there all the time I say.

Claudine said...

Happy Birthday! I tried calling you yesterday, but I must have an old number. I tried again today, but still with no luck. I was thinking about you though, glad your day was fabulous!!!

Winter Family said...

Thanks for having us. The Cheese cake was delish. Also, this is embarassing but my wrist was sore the next day from playing Guitar Hero...what the heck? Anyway, I hope you had a great birthday and thanks for being a great sister in-law!!!

Darwin, Jen, Jensyn, Hurley, Violet, and Daphne said...

Happy Birthday-sorry I'm so LATE! Tyler is so good. I'm impressed that he made cheesecake. It was fun to see you guys the other night.

Shannon said...

Happy belated birthday, Laura! I hope it was great. You are so mature for your age :).
It sounds like things are going well-so glad for that. Eat some of those tomatoes for us-make some salsa, eat a tomato sandwich, eat one like an apple-oh, my mouth is watering for home-grown sweets like that. I hope your camera dries out and gets working like normal once again. Take care.

Sassyfrass said...

Ack! I can't believe I never wished you Happy Birthday! Sounds like it was great! Hope things are going well :)

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie
DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker