Work Fun

Personalize funny videos and birthday eCards at JibJab!

Sunday, March 2, 2008

BYU DAY!!


Saturday was Tyler's BYU Day!
For his birthday I got him Basketball Tickets to the BYU vs AirForce game, and also wanted to take him to the Legacy Hall Museum, BYU Bookstore and Dinner before the game.
We left Saturday afternoon and had a wonderful time! I felt like we were on a real date! :)
We really enjoyed Legacy Hall seeing all the sports memorabilia that BYU has. Steve Young and Ty Detmer stuff and lots of other things. We watched some cool video clips and one of the BYU Locker Room, it is pretty amazing. Tyler had a big grin on his face the whole time. He loved it.

We ate at the Legacy Grill and had the most amazing hamburger I have had in a while. It was on a lightly toasted kaiser bun and it was DELICIOUS! We even saw Bryan Kehl at the grill, he was just passing through and signed a couple of kids shirts there, and Yes, Ladies, he is just as cute in person! :)











We then headed to the BYU bookstore for Tyler to browse and get him a new BYU T Shirt, but we were 4 minutes too late! They closed at 6PM! I was totally bummed! He wasn't as bummed because he wanted to get over to the game as soon as possible. :) We found great parking. It couldn't have worked out better. And we enjoyed the game. They slaughtered Air Force, it was a fun game. We shared a Cougar Tail, and if you don't know what that is, it is heaven for me, it was a 12+ inch long maple bar donut!!! I haven't had a donut in so long, I was in heaven. It was delicious! And yes, I ate most of it. :) It was a wonderful night out. Emma was super good for Alissa, which makes Mom relax even more. Thank you Alissa for watching her for us so we could have a day away!
I forgot my camera, but took these two pictures of Tyler at the Game on his cell.

2 comments:

April said...

I am so glad you guys got to get away and have a fun day together. I forgot you were doing that Saturday. I'm glad you had a good time. Wow I have never heard of that Donut and its probably a good thing, I love me some mabel bars, yum.

Sassyfrass said...

I've been waiting to read about your BYU day! I'm glad you guys had a great time. Aren't "dates" the best? I'm salivating over that doughnut!

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie
DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker