Work Fun

Personalize funny videos and birthday eCards at JibJab!

Tuesday, May 22, 2007

The Tree




One of the most charming things about our house and street for that matter were the trees. Notice I said were....The demolition started yesterday and today they reached our HUGE Sycamore tree. After seeing them take it down and watching them take down another monster tree after ours, I believe ours was the BIGGEST and THICKEST tree on the street. It took just a little over 2 hours to get it to the condition of the "after" picture. It is so sad to look at our street with the "sticks" of trees now lining the street. It almost looks like a dead zone or something. Gotta love the city not wanting to help us out in making our city look nicer, add value and character to the neighborhood...but what do you do. I am loosing faith in the "voice of the people" that is for sure.
Here are the pictures of our own Memorial Day. The whole neighborhood came out to watch and talk. A lot of my neighbors have lived here 30 years and some have lived here their whole lives and that is like 60+ years. So they have grown up with these trees. It is amazing that trees can live that long and longer when given the chance.

2 comments:

April said...

That is so sad to see those tree's go. I love them and they add so much shade to your houses that we don't have, but I guess now you won't have either. I am sorry. I bet it will look nice though once its done. That is cool that you got some pictures of it though. Will they plant anymore tree's when they are done?

Anonymous said...

Augh!!! I can't even imagine losing something so beautiful.

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie
DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker