Work Fun

Personalize funny videos and birthday eCards at JibJab!

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Draper Temple Open House

When they announced the Open House for the Draper Temple, I was so excited and couldn't wait to take Emma. I don't know about you, but when I first had Emma, I wanted to take my baby with me to the temple. I feel so at peace and close to my Heavenly Father and Savior there and wanted to have my precious baby with me. I can't wait for the day when she is old enough and we can go. Until then, this was the next best thing.
She always wants to go with us when we tell her we are going to the temple. "I want to go to the temple!" she says. Well, this time, I told her "yes you can go!" It was fun to hear her talking about going to the Temple.
We went last Friday and it was a slow time I guess, because we got right in no waiting (a blessing with our busy Emma) and she loved it. It is seriously one of the most beautiful temples I have ever been in. It was fun to show all the pictures of Jesus to Emma and all the pretty lights. She loved the font too. We parked at a close by church and took a bus up to the temple. The bus was pretty exciting too. It was a cold day, as you can see, so here are some far way pictures of the temple.
Leanne, I wish you were still here in Utah so I could take you! I promised myself I would the next time there was a new temple in Utah! You would have loved it! I thought of you! If they ever build a temple in Texas, go to the open house!

2 comments:

The Batchelders said...

Oh that's so neat you got to take Emma to the temple!

Becky Henson said...

What a cool experience to take Emma to such a beautiful and peaceful place. Love the photo in front of the temple. Also, loved the photos of Emma sleeping. I can't believe how grown up she is getting. Good advice on changing beds...we'll have to keep that in mind when Sasha makes the transition.

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie
DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker