Work Fun

Personalize funny videos and birthday eCards at JibJab!

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Rewards for Emma

With the new year I wanted to do some new goals with Emma too. Plus I was really needing some help with her to get things done without whining and crying over everything. So I started a Sticker reward chart. It has done wonders!!!! She brushes her teeth by herself in the morning and makes her bed and says her morning prayers. It is good for mom to have the chart too, because then I remember to do those things. One day I was in the shower and I told her go and make your bed so you can get your sticker. I just mostly told her that so she would leave me alone. I got out of the shower and and looked in her room and she had made her bed all by herself!! I was so proud! She sure is getting big.

Emma's Sticker Chart!

Her first making of bed alone - GREAT JOB!

We also moved Emma to a big bed right after Christmas. If I could do it over again, I would have done a lot of things different - like never move her from a crib! :) It was no fun, but the pain is mostly over and she sleeps in it fine. It wasn't really getting her to fall asleep in it as it was getting her to stay asleep all night. Sometimes I felt like I had a newborn again! After much trial and error I finally got some advice from my neighbor who would reward her child if he stayed in his bed all night with a prize the next morning. The $1 or less for a prize is well worth a good nights sleep for me!! It also was the key. We still have some bad nights, but she doesn't get a prize the next morning, and that really hits home with her and she is doing much better.
Here are some of the more humorous pictures of her sleeping and her first bed making all by herself. Oh, she has only fallen out of her bed one time, and it didn't even phase her, she was still sleeping on the floor. Tyler and I heard the THUD! and went to see what it was, we couldn't stop laughing. :) I should have taken a picture!
The first night in her big bed. We were so proud and thought "That wasn't too bad". Little did we know... as always...


4 comments:

The Hart Family said...

So, please do share more....did you make that chart? I really need some tips for my two, because it has been a trial.

April said...

That is the cutest pic, she sleeps with her hand on her face. I am so glad she's getting the hang of it.

Adam and Krysta said...

Thanks so much for the chart! It's going pretty good. I wish she was sleeping through the night better though! Oh well! We'll keep trying! Miss you guys!

Alison said...

Hey Groves family! I found your blog through somebody's (I can't remember who). I saw that it said Groves family and I wondered if it was you. Anyway, it will be fun to keep in touch now. Congrats on the soon arrival of your baby boy.

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie
DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker