Work Fun

Personalize funny videos and birthday eCards at JibJab!

Tuesday, July 1, 2008

The Annual 5K!

So the City Days 5K was last week. I really tried to be ready for it and did great for a couple of weeks, then didn't do so good. Tyler who is now exercising almost every day at work did fantastic! (Did I tell you they pay Tyler to exercise? How great is that?!)
Tyler and I kept up together most of the race, but then I let him go, he had more energy than I did.
Tyler did it in 42.36 and I did it in 46.21. We both beat our times from last year (49.02) and that is pretty fantastic, but I wonder if my time is better because this year I wasn't pushing Emma in the stroller...hum. My great neighbor and friend Janna offered to watch Emma while we did the race and that was sooo nice.
There were A LOT more people who participated in the race this year and for the first time I can remember I felt a little bit of an anxiety attack as we were waiting for the race to start. Maybe it was nerves, I dunno. But it was crazy. I am pretty sure I just felt so intimated by all the "pros" that were there.
But the highlight of the whole experience was when I was coming to the finish line Emma came running toward me. So cute. I carried her down the stretch and she just waved at everyone who was clapping and cheering. She was so sweet I couldn't believe it. She would even change hands and wave with the other one. Who taught her to wave like a beauty queen? I have no idea. So fun though. I love that little one of mine. Here are some pictures a friend took of us. You can see Emma waving barely in my arms. :)


3 comments:

Team Reid said...

That is so cute - I love that Emma has the waving down! :) She's so darn cute! We had lots of fun seeing you guys this past weekend! Thanks for coming!!

Pezlady Jana said...

Holy cow you are my hero! I can't even imagine walking 5K! That is so cute that she was waving at everyone! What a doll!

Claudine said...

And way to go with your 5K!! Very impressive! We need to do the WSU Alumni one this fall again if I can dust off my running shoes and build back my endurance. *sigh*

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie
DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker