Work Fun

Personalize funny videos and birthday eCards at JibJab!

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Tyler's Day off

Tyler took Friday off of work, and despite the rain, he pulled down our awning bit by bit all by himself! It took about 5 hours and 2 trips to the dump. He is a MONSTER! He started with the Roof, then the slats on the roof, then the "supporting beams". They weren't very supportive...
The awning was in pretty bad shape but we didn't realize how bad of shape until we pulled it down. We can't believe it has kept standing all this time. Tyler found a dandelion picker and a nozzle for the hose in the awning. I told him to find a wad of $100's but he couldn't find any. :) We only had one injury to our favorite rake. When Tyler took off the roof there wasn't much holding the beams to the cement, in fact one side of the awning just fell over and landed on our rake and broke it. :) It was a crazy experience! It has opened up are backyard tons! I have sunlight coming through my kitchen windows I didn't have before! It's amazing.
Tyler got some metal awning for free that we are going to put up in it's place. This is our summer home improvement project. I will keep you posted on how it all turns out. Hopefully this weekend we will be able to replace the siding.
Before...our sad dead awning...
The roof is off, as are the wood slats....
Now all that is left are those "supporting beams". ..
Do you think there could be ANY more nails in this beam? You're right, maybe a few...
It's gone!
Relaxing and looking at his handy work. I love this guy! He amazes me! He is also very tired and sore! :)
Look at all that SUNSHINE!! Also notice my decorated kitchen, I have been meaning to post it. I finished it in September and have been meaning to show you the stripe and shelf and other decor..

4 comments:

April said...

Wow crazy what a project. I honestly didn't know your house had that siding gone. It looks so good though gone. But it will be nice to have it covered. I like how big the patio is too. He should've called Trent to repay him for our tree.
Looks good can't wait too see the finished project. Call us if you need help.
Oh and I do love the kitchen. I love the stripe. And I've always loved your table. So cute. GOod job.

BenJoeM said...

Looks Good

Sassyfrass said...

Big job! Way to go Tyler :) You're house is so cute, and I'm so envious of that lawn! I could roll around in it for hours! ;)

Rhiann said...

hey we changed our blog name to quentinandrhiannplusthree.blogspot.com

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie
DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker