Work Fun

Personalize funny videos and birthday eCards at JibJab!

Thursday, November 8, 2007

Floride in the water?


Does anyone know if Weber County has voted already to have fluoride in the drinking water? Davis County did a couple of years ago, and now that I have moved to Weber, I would love fluoride in the water, especially now that I have a child. Emma drinks water like it is going out of style and I wish all the time there was fluoride in it. The fluoride drops I am suppose to give her instead are a pain. They taste nasty and so I have to put them in juice or something, but we don't drink that much juice so she doesn't get it like she should. I am seriously considering going to my mom's every week and filling a 5 gallon jug of fluoride water and giving that to Emma instead.
Maybe my political friend BenJoe might know something about this, and if not where would I go to find out? Not the city, but the county right? Do we have representation in the county to make my voice be heard?

1 comment:

BenJoeM said...

Weber County water has natural levels of Fluoride in it. It is between .3ppm and .6ppm Anything above .6 is perfect. Between .3 and .6 should get a daily supplement to insure proper fluoridation level, but could get enough because of the amount of water they drink.(I assume) Below .3 you need it big time. So I think we are fine most of the time, especially if she drinks lots of water. We give Joseph drops too and we put it in his formula. Maybe just sneak a drop in her water from time to time but she drinks lots of water she should be fine most of the time.

Davis County added their fluoride because it was so low, now they are above .6ppm.

As for Weber County representation, Our Mayor and the Weber County Commissioners are the people we elect to watch over the county.

Their website is: http://www1.co.weber.ut.us/

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie
DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker