Work Fun

Personalize funny videos and birthday eCards at JibJab!

Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Our Christmas Tree






I have been ready to set up our Christmas tree since before Thanksgiving. I finally got to it this weekend only to find out that all our strings of lights were either dead or only half of the strand lit up. Nice. Tyler messed with them, but they were gone. They were also cheap, what can you expect? So on Monday I went to the store to buy new ones. I really debated on whether or not to put up the tree with Emma around or while she was napping, and then Surprise! Tree! and NO TOUCH! But I deiced that wouldn't be any fun, so we set it up after FHE last night. She did a really good job, not getting into things too much. And I had her help me a lot. But I couldn't get too mad, after all I knew what might happen, and I choose to have her help me - right? :)
Don't mind the pics of my no shirt baby girl! She got FHE treat (cake) all over her shirt, because I can't get her to wear a bib anymore! So I just took it off, knowing PJ's were coming soon. So that is why she doesn't have a shirt on. It was the second shirt of the day, and I just didn't want to put another one on. We normally don't go around without a shirt on. :)
I have these little wood ornaments of little things that Tyler's Grandpa Dube gave us. I thought they would be cool to put on the bottom of the tree so Emma could see them and we could talk about them. I know, those expert parents out there are saying "yah, right!" and now I am laughing at my naiveness, myself. But she loves them! She asks me over and over again. "What's that?" I tell her "a boat". "ohh". "What's that?" "A horse." "ohh." And over and over. She only has removed 3 of them today and I can't find one of them. The snowman. But she thinks this is so much fun! And I do too. The little wooden things don't break, and she is learning right? We will see if I still feel that way in a couple of days. It's going to be a fun Christmas! Here we go!

3 comments:

April said...

I think its great that you let her help. Like you said, you knew she'd get into, so maybe why not let her help and hopefully understand not to touch. They love tree's and new things, hopefully you find the snowman. I have no idea what Ruby is going to do when we get our tree, well, I know what she's going to do, everything!!!!

Pezlady Jana said...

Oh you ARE a good mom...or maybe just BRAVE! Either way, Kudos to you! I am still not ready to put our tree up because Sidney rolls everywhere and eats everything. Not a good combo with a tree. Looks like Emma had fun though and that is the important thing. It's memories!!

Wendy/Chris said...

Laura, I can't believe how much she has grown! I wish so much that we lived closer so that our kids could be "siblings" just like we are! I love you and your wonderful family! Say Hi to Tyler for me!

Wendy

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie
DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker